In 1985 I graduated from the University of South Carolina's School of Business with a major in Finance and Real Estate. At the age of 22, I began my career at what is considered an unusually young age for real estate. My first sales were to my friends, who were buying their first homes after college.
Columbia is my home, but I grew up in a "corporate transfer" family, moving six times during my school years. After graduating from college, I wanted to be in business for myself and remain in Columbia. All of my experiences with my family's moves made home sales a natural fit. I empathize with parents and children as they settle into new jobs, schools and friends in a new area.
During the past 30 years I have had the pleasure of working with hundreds of buyers and sellers. I enjoy sharing my real estate experience and knowledge with families that are making Columbia their home.
My wife, Becky is my business partner. Becky handles all of our marketing and administrative tasks to keep me available to spend time with clients and doing the necessary research to properly represent properties for buyers and sellers.
We have been married for 28 years and have two children, JJ and Blaire. JJ is a graduated from Wofford College and is employed with Allstate in Austin, TX. Blaire is a Junior at The University of South Carolina. We spend our free time enjoying boating and water sports on Lake Murray and the coast of South Carolina. JJ and Blaire are both swimmers and have enjoyed swimming and coaching on the Columbia Country Club team each summer. Becky and I enjoy running, walking, hiking and anything to do with the outdoors.
Awards & Accomplishments
- RE/MAX "Hall of Fame" Award Recipient
- Consistently Ranked in Top 10 Realtors in Sales Volume in the Columbia Area Market
- Ranked 6th in Production for the State of South Carolina for all RE/MAX Realtors in 2007
- 2007 Sales Executive of the Year for New Home Construction - Homes Over $300,000 Awarded by the Sales & Marketing Council of Greater Columbia
- Voted "Best Realtor" by readers of THE STATE Newspaper in 2002
- Member of RE/MAX Platinum Club – Top 4% of RE/MAX Realtors Nationally
- Circle of Excellence "Life Member" for 28 Consecutive Years – Awarded by the Greater Columbia Association of Realtors
Education & Designations
- Bachelor of Science Degree, University of South Carolina, 1985
- Major in Finance and Real Estate
- Brokers Real Estate License
- CRS Designation - Certified Residential Specialist