John's Seller Services
I specialize in high quality homes of all price ranges and take pride in helping sellers position their homes for maximum market exposure. Maximum market exposure of a high quality home positioned correctly in the market place creates interest and offers. Multiple party interest and offers gives the seller options and control of the sale.
Here is an overview of my home sales strategy:
1. Positioning Your Home For Sale: I preview, show and analyze hundreds of homes per year in our local market. This enables me to help you focus your efforts to enhance your homes desirability in relation to your competition. Positioning includes attention to landscape aesthetics, home repairs and even staging. More likely though, it is merely de-cluttering and "spring cleaning".
2. Market Evaluation: Pricing is the most important factor to the seller, and the most influential factor in a successful sale. An under-priced property gives away your hard earned equity. An overpriced property merely helps the competition sell. It is vital to have a Realtor with detailed knowledge of the competition to assist with pricing. I only use comparable properties that I have personally inspected. In most cases, I have in depth knowledge of the comparable properties from either showing the property to other clients or having been involved in the sale of the home. I will provide you with the information you need to price your property with confidence.
3. Marketing: Internet, Internet, Internet! Becky and I have made a commitment to have the most comprehensive internet marketing campaign available in our marketplace. This website is an example of our commitment to web based marketing. We will give you a description of our advertising and show you exactly how your home will be marketed when we meet to consult on the sale of your home.
4. Realtor Relations: We have worked for 24 years in the Columbia area market and build positive Realtor relationships throughout the community. Approximately 20% of the Realtors handle 80% of the business. It is extremely important to hire a Realtor that has the reputation in the marketplace of representing properties properly and honestly. Many sellers do not realize that the reputation of their Realtor can have an affect on showing activity and perceptions of the property.
5. Offer Negotiations: I pledge to provide you with the vital information to make a sound decision when considering offers. It is my responsibility to put the odds in your favor by helping you see the risks and advantages of an offer. In many cases it is much more complicated that just the dollar amount offered on the contract. We will examine all the conditions of the offer together to help you make an informed decision before getting in to a contractual obligation with a purchaser.
6. Contract To Closing: Navigating from contract to closing has become more difficult. Numerous inspections and lender requirements have complicated the process. I will be there every step of the way overseeing the process and using my experience to avoid pitfalls. We will handle all the details between lender, inspectors and the closing attorney, keeping you involved and informed along the way. We have licensed contractors we can trust to recommend if repair items need to be addressed.